TIDDAS Program Coordinator
Do you connect well with young people? Are you passionate about engaging with and breaking down barriers for youth at risk, and ensuring access to opportunity? If this sounds like you, read on!
Who we are:
Whitelion provides young people with opportunities to achieve their goals, build long-term positive relationships and re-connect with the wider community.
We are a passionate team and love the work we do. We appreciate the different strengths each of our staff brings to the team. We encourage each other to think creatively and value innovative thinking.
If you work with us we will open the door to opportunity, relationships and community where you can engage young people and staff in new and exciting ways. We are always looking to improve and build upon our programs so if you want to get a bit creative and think outside the box this is the position for you!
About the Role;
This is a full time (1.0 EFT) position until 30th June 2018, with the possibility of extended funding. Some evening and weekend work may be required. Flexible work arrangements can be facilitated where it can be demonstrated all work requirements can be fulfilled.
Salary is range $57,620 to $62,342 based on experience and qualifications plus superannuation. Salary packaging applies to this position.
- Ensure that services delivered are effective, efficient, and client focused, and consistent with the organisations strategic objectives
- To engage at-risk and disconnected Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander youth and link them into local services
- To promote healthy lifestyles and positive life choices
- To encourage community engagement and participation
- To work towards the reduction of the extent and incidence of antisocial and criminal behaviours
- To encourage and support young people to link into employment and education
- To undertake a variety of administrative tasks including case notes, client monitoring forms, SYARD data base records and other tasks as directed by the Aboriginal Services Manager
- To assist with the maintenance of your office space
To be successful in this role you will need to be a motivated self-starter, innovative, able to relate to and engage at risk young people. Experience in a similar role or any in coordinating and developing programs would be highly regarded. You will also be required to undergo a criminal record check and hold a current Working with Children’s Check.
What you'll get in return:
- Great Salary Packaging
- an additional three (3) days gifted leave per year
- This office provides a great team environment and plenty of support
- Flexible Hours
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Work life balance
Sound good...?! Then what are you waiting for!!! Success awaits you in 2017!
How to apply for this job:
Applications close 5.00pm Sunday the 19th March 2017 and should be sent to:
David Shannon - Program Manager David.Shannon@whitelion.asn.au, using the subject line: TIDDAS Program Coordinator application
To be considered for this position applicants will need to provide a resume and address the key selection criteria in the Position Description.
For the position description click here
Applications Close 5.00pm 19th March 2017
Youth Outreach worker
Our Youth Outreach Worker will provide an outreach support and intensive case management to assist young people who are at risk of, or experiencing homelessness.
We are seeking a passionate, committed, highly motivated person who has demonstrated experience working with young people who have complex needs such as unstable housing, offending behaviour, mental health, AOD, trauma and family relationship breakdowns.
Experience in family mediation would be an advantage.
We are a dynamic and friendly team, solution-focused and innovative in our approach.
Salary starts at $53,925.04 - $57,106.40 plus employer superannuation contributions of 9.5%. Salary packaging, including packaging a fully maintained vehicle and meal benefits apply. Whitelion also provide three additional annual leave days during the Christmas break, reviewed annually by Board.
For the position description click here
Applicants should provide a resume and completed Key Selection Criteria, contained in the position description, to Becky Stubbing, Program Manager at email@example.com.
Please note, applicants who do not address the Key Selection Criteria will not be considered.
For further information contact Becky Stubbing on 0417 462 173.
Applications close at 5.00 pm on Friday 31st March.