Whitelion Employment Coordinator
- Burnie, Tasmania
- From $47,000 + superannuation and the benefit of salary sacrifice
- Full-time position
Whitelion is a non-profit community organisation that supports and empowers young people to reach their potential. Our employment program works with businesses to provide supported employment and vocational opportunities to those from disadvantaged backgrounds.
We are seeking an experienced, committed and highly motivated person to work with young people to assist them in achieving that potential. Relevant qualifications in youth work or similar are desirable but not essential.
To be successful in this role you will be required to:
- Engage young people in vocational program, training and employment activities
- Secure new business partners in Burnie and surrounds committed to employing disengaged young people
- Match young people with real jobs
- Maintain employment partnerships with employers and other key stakeholders
- Maintain efficient, effective case management
- Demonstrate a proven ability to work autonomously within guideline parameters
Please download a copy of the position description here. For further information, contact Christine Redden on 03 6234 5030.
To be considered for this position applicants will need to provide a resume and completed response to key selection criteria.
Applications close 5.00pm Tuesday 2 April 2013 and should be sent to: Employment Team Leader, firstname.lastname@example.org
- New opportunity to work across two brands
- West Melbourne location
- Not for profit salary packaging benefits
An exciting opportunity has arisen within a merged Corporate Marketing team for an Events Specialist to deliver an extensive event calendar for two not for profit brands, Open Family Australia and Whitelion Inc.
For more than 30 years, Open Family Australia has been working with homeless and at-risk young people, providing outreach support and services to address their complex needs. For more than 12 years, Whitelion Inc has been supporting and empowering young people at-risk to reach their full potential.
In late 2011, Open Family Australia and Whitelion Inc merged to provide a wraparound service for at-risk and homeless young people.
You will be responsible for the implementation, management and delivery of events and fundraising activities. A primary focus of the role will be to attract new sponsorship of key events and manage existing sponsor relationships, to maximise return on investment.
You will be passionate about events management, flexible, with a positive can-do attitude and attention to detail. In return you will be offered an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to put your creative stamp on future events.
- Proven experience in the delivery of events, on budget and within deadlines.
- Previous stakeholder management experience.
- Ability to plan, manage and deliver multiple projects.
- Current Victorian driverís licence.
Previous experience within a not for profit/community organisation would be advantageous.
Please download a copy of the position description here.
Please submit your application by emailing email@example.com.
Applications close: Friday 22nd March at 5pm (EST).
WHY JOIN THE WHITELION TEAM?
Whitelion's mission is to inspire and empower disconnected young people by providing positive relationships and life-changing opportunities while supporting their progress toward life goals.
Whitelion's culture reinforces our values; to be committed, real, collaborative, compassionate, courageous, innovative, efficient and professional. People with these qualities thrive in the Whitelion environment.
We are looking for people who:
- Are passionate about empowering disadvantaged young people,
- Enjoy working in a team environment,
- Strive for success -individually, and as part of the Whitelion team.
As an employer we offer:
- A collaborative, high performing team environment, amid people from a diverse range of personal and professional backgrounds.
- Competitive salary and conditions, including salary packaging benefits,
- Challenging and rewarding work, with supportive supervision.
Whitelion also has many volunteering opportunities (see our volunteering page), and welcomes student placement and work experience roles in the areas of social work, youth work, or policy-based positions.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN WHITELION