Mentors - Mentoring Support Program
Do you like the idea of contributing to a nonprofit organisation supporting young people at risk? Are you able to become a positive role model in a young person’s life?
ABOUT THE ROLE
At Whitelion we match young people at risk with a mentor for 3 hours per week. These hours are usually after school and offer great flexibility.
Based in the Metropolitan, Northern, Outer Southern and Adelaide Hills regions, as a Mentor, you will:
- Work with care teams, care workers, families, and case managers but predominantly, your time will be spent one on one with the young person.
- Be able to claim $30.00 per session to be spent on meaningful activities with the young person.
- Complete monthly reports and as such, administration skills and communication are imperative to the role.
- Spend time in the community with young people, enjoying social activities and helping them strive towards their goals.
- Provide guidance and support to a young person. You will be a stable, safe, and reliable person for them to talk to, so those looking for on-going relationships will be given priority.
Experience dealing with young people who display complex behaviours and knowledge of trauma informed care will be highly regarded.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this position, applicants will need to provide a resume and cover letter addressing why you are interested in working at Whitelion, what you will bring to the organisation and the skills and attributes relevant to the role.
Please address all applications to James Fidler, Program Lead and email to: James.Fidler@whitelion.asn.au. Applications close 5.00pm, Friday 26th November.