National Practice Lead
About the Role:
- Employment Type: Full Time (1.0 FTE)
- Great Salary Packaging plus 17.5% annual leave loading
- Location: flexible (can be based at Whitelion’s national office in Carlton, Victoria; western Sydney, NSW; Kilburn, SA or northern Perth, WA)
Are you passionate about ensuring that youth work practice is high quality, innovative and continuously evolving? Are you a confident leader who would enjoy the challenge of supporting consistent practice across a national organisation? Do you like the idea of contributing to the successful operations of a non-profit who support young people at risk? Then the role of National Practice & Research Lead might be for you!
This role will sit within a dynamic operations team and will support Whitelion to implement a new national practice framework. Join a team of passionate staff and a community organisation that works tirelessly to ensure no young person is left behind. This role will have a huge impact on Whitelion and help us achieve annual and strategic goals – as well as directly impacting the quality of the work we do with young people.
Whitelion works hard to create a flexible, inclusive environment for staff to grow and succeed. We can’t wait for you to join us!
Who we are:
Whitelion is passionate about creating a workplace that promotes and values diversity. Our vision is for a world where no young person is left behind, where all young people have the right to equitable opportunities to reach their potential. We exist to build positive connections and pathways to work for young people at risk. Success depends on the voice and lived experience of highly vulnerable, high risk young people, systems around them and the Whitelion community.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Embed practice consistency.
- Ensure that sector trends and innovation inform practice.
- Support the leaders of the national operations directorate to innovate and implement improvements as required.
- Use external and internal data to contribute to a strong evidence-informed practice culture.
- Support Whitelion in our approach to research, policy and advocacy.
What you get in return:
- Great salary packaging
- An additional three days gifted leave per year between Christmas and New Year plus two days well-being leave
- An additional two days well-being leave each year
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Great team environment and plenty of support
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Work life balance
- Opportunity to attend our exciting fundraising events
How to apply for this job:
Applications close 27 October 2020 and should be sent to: Tanya Hendry, Director of Operations; email@example.com
To be considered for this position applicants will need to provide a resume and cover letter.
Click here for a full Position Description