Northern Community Connections Coordinator
- Location: Carlton, servicing the North-Eastern Suburbs
- Conditions: Full time SCHADS Level 4
- Great Salary Packaging plus 17.5% annual leave loading
Whitelion is looking for a Northern Community Connections Coordinator to join our North-East Metro Melbourne team. We are looking for a community development professional with demonstrated experience in service coordination and advocacy to support our work with young people in Out of Home Care.
About the Role
Based in Whitelion’s Carlton Office, this role will be a part of the Better Futures initiative in partnership with the Department of Families, Fairness and Housing. Using the Advantaged Thinking framework, the Community Connector will work with other Better Futures providers to build networks of supportive relationships and connections for young people in their local community.
Key components of the Community Connections role are:
- Community engagement and capacity building
- Service system coordination and improving access pathways
- Facilitating community mentoring opportunities
- Volunteer recruitment and coordination
- Group facilitation (e.g. network meetings, training)
You will have:
- Commitment to social justice and value the strengths, resilience and courage of all children and young people
- Exceptional team work and collaborative skills to find ways to support and promote others to succeed
- Commitment to the safety, wellbeing and participation of all children and young people
- A want to drive performance and participate in the growth of the organisation
What You Get In Return:
- Great salary packaging plus 17.5% annual leave loading
- An additional three (3) days gifted leave per year between Christmas and New Year plus two days well-being leave
- Great team environment and organisational support
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
For further information please contact Andrew Fitzgerald, North-East Area Manager at Andrew.Fitzgerald@whitelion.asn.au.
How to Apply
Please briefly address the Experience and Qualifications sections listed in the Position Description as part of your cover letter, and submit together with your resume.
Applications close at 5.00pm on Friday, 18th June 2021.