Volunteer - Chatterbox Street Outreach Program
Intakes occur periodically throughout the year. We are currently not accepting volunteers, however, if you would like to be involved in the future please apply and you will be waitlisted until applications are re-opened.
Whitelion is a non-profit community organisation that supports and empowers young people at risk to reach their full potential. We are currently seeking volunteers to join the Chatterbox Team based at Head Office in West Melbourne.
About the Program
The Chatterbox Street Outreach Program is a mobile outreach service that provides the necessary support for homeless and street frequenting youth.
This program utilises a modified bus as a mobile support base and is staffed by an Outreach worker from Whitelion and a team of dedicated volunteers. The bus is stocked with food, clothing, health supplies and other crisis supports.
The program operates up to 5 nights per week from 7:30pm until 12am (or later as required), in and around Melbourne’s CBD.
The Chatterbox Program is managed by the Chatterbox Team Leader with the assistance of an Outreach Worker & volunteers.
- Effectively engage and relate comfortably to people from a wide spectrum of the community.
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with community sites
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Willingness to undergo training and engage in regular supervision
- Able to work evenings from 7:30pm to 12am
- Commit to a minimum of 2 shifts per month
- Be able to engage in manual handling tasks such as stacking the Chatterbox Bus
You will also be required to participate in a full day training session, undergo a criminal record check and hold a current Working with Children’s Check.
This is a volunteer position and therefore is unpaid.
How to apply
Email Anthony.email@example.com for more information and a position description.