Whitelion Flexible Learning Options Services (FLO) South Australia
Whitelion helps young people find the courage to choose a better future!
Assertive Outreach Case Management Services
Our outreach case management is a delivery of service which engages young people within their own environment. Particularly when working with highly disengaged young people, this form of outreach support has great success in transitioning young people to reach their goals.
- Flexible Learning and Transition Plan (FLTP) to support case management in identifying and addressing barriers to engagement. This encourages individualized pathway planning.
- Development of a case plan.
- Goal setting with the use of Coaching Young People For Success.
- Restorative Practice – Relationship Mapping and My Journey.
- Wellbeing and engagement support.
- Referrals and internal program allocation.
- Engagement with family and/or community of care.
Our Flexible Learning Options programs involves education and learning, alternative engagement activities and mentoring. Depending on the needs of the young people we are able to offer a range of educational opportunities:
- Literacy and numeracy – Basic foundational work, BSKB (aligned with the Australian Core Skills Framework)
- Units within the Education and Skill Development Certification 1 / SACE subjects
- Range of engagement learning: support to gain learner’s training and license or attend white card and forklift training etc; art and engagement creative mediums; computing; fitness and sport; cooking and independent living skills; health check-ups; and excursions such as swimming, bush walking, cultural activities, museum excursions and camps etc
- Learning is structured to focus on the future desired transition options for individual young people.
Where able, we provide transportation to increase attendance and decrease barriers to engagement.
Our model also incorporates assertive outreach case management within our learning programs as experience tells us that meaningful relationships and integrated programs is a very successful model for success. This means that we try and support young people in discovering their future pathways, personal or professional during the learning programs, case management and through our other services.
** Please note maximum one term for program only: During those circumstances where young people would prefer to attend the program only, it’s possible for Whitelion to accommodate this, however please be aware that Whitelion prefers to provide a holistic case management and program service and will expect to transition case management to Whitelion upon the following term.