Youth Outreach Case Manager - Southern Homeless Youth Assistance Program
- Location: Frankston VIC
- Conditions: Full time, Ongoing role
- Great Salary Packaging plus 17.5% annual leave loading
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Whitelion has been contracted by DFFH to deliver the Southern Homeless Youth Assistance Program which is incorporated into the broader housing and homelessness system with the aim to provide holistic brief intervention and intensive case management.
The outcome is about exploring safe and stable housing options and overall positive connections within the community.
Key responsibility areas are:
- Providing holistic case management and support to young people homeless or ‘at risk’ of homelessness/ marginalisation through the facilitation of outreach within the Frankston/Mornington and Dandenong/Casey areas.
- Engaging with target group, assess need, develop and implement case management plans for individual clients and provide ongoing support.
- Work with young people to explore suitable and sustainable housing options.
- Support young people with budgeting needs and life skills as well as helping them to identify education and employment pathways with the objective of moving towards a healthier, safer and positive lifestyle.
- Network and liaise with child protection, youth, health, education, employment, welfare, A&OD agencies, local Government, Police and other stakeholders where appropriate/relevant.
- Participate in local community networks and meetings.
- Ensure data and service reporting requirements are met
YOU WILL HAVE:
- Commitment to social justice and value the strengths, resilience and courage of all children and young people
- Exceptional team work and collaborative skills to find ways to support and promote others to succeed
- Commitment to the safety, wellbeing and participation of all children and young people
- A want to drive performance and participate in the growth of the organisation
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN
- Great salary packaging plus 17.5% annual leave loading
- An additional three (3) days gifted leave per year between Christmas and New Year plus two days well-being leave
- Great team environment and organisational support
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
How to apply:
Applications close at 5.00pm on Monday, 4th October 2021 and should be sent to: Gillian Clegg at Gillian.Clegg@whitelion.asn.au using the subject line: Southern Homeless Youth Assistance Program – Youth Outreach Case Manager.
To be considered for this position applicants will need to provide a resume and cover letter addressing why you are interested in working at Whitelion, what you will bring to the organisation and the skills and attributes relevant to the role.
For further information please contact Gillian Clegg, Area Manager at Gillian.Clegg@whitelion.asn.au