Youth Outreach Case Manager - Southern Homeless Youth Assistance Program
- Location: Frankston
- Conditions: Part time, 4 days per week, Maternity leave cover until May 2022.
- Great Salary Packaging plus 17.5% annual leave loading
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Whitelion has been contracted by DFFH to deliver the Southern Homeless Youth Assistance Program which is incorporated into the broader housing and homelessness system with the aim to provide holistic brief intervention and intensive case management.
The outcome is about exploring safe and stable housing options and overall positive connections within the community.
Based in Whitelion’s Frankston Offices this part time role will involve:
- Providing holistic case management and support to young people homeless or ‘at risk’ of homelessness/ marginalisation through the facilitation of outreach.
- Supporting with the development of independent living skills including exploring education, training and employment pathways
- Harnessing community effort through a place-focussed approach
- Co-ordination and participation in the engagement of multi-disciplinary care team approaches
- Promoting overall positive community connections and capacity building with young people
YOU WILL HAVE:
- Commitment to social justice and value the strengths, resilience and courage of all children and young people
- Exceptional team work and collaborative skills to find ways to support and promote others to succeed
- Commitment to the safety, wellbeing and participation of all children and young people
- A want to drive performance and participate in the growth of the organisation
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should be addressed to: Gillian Clegg, Southern Area Manager and emailed to Gillian.Clegg@whitelion.asn.au
To be considered for this position applicants will need to provide a resume and cover letter addressing why you are interested in working at Whitelion, what you will bring to the organisation and the skills and attributes relevant to the role as described in the attached position description.
Applications close Friday, 19th November 2021 at 5.00 pm.