Hospitality Employment Program
Joint Support Program
If It Wasn’t For This Coffee
About Whitelion New South Wales
Whitelion has been supporting young people in New South Wales since 2009.
To learn more about Whitelion in New South Wales contact:
Hospitality Employment Program seeks to address high youth unemployment in the Blacktown Local Government Area by providing intensive support with the following outcomes:
- accredited training in hospitality
- paid and unpaid work experience
- employment skill building workshops
- assistance to secure paid employment
Young people in Blacktown LGA aged 15-25 who have experienced barriers to employment such as exiting juvenile justice, homelessness, experience in out-of-home care or long term unemployment.
Provide an employment opportunity to a young person in the Blacktown area. Email email@example.com
Currently Whitelion and Red Cross partner together to deliver the 12 week Joint Support Program (JSP). JSP targets young people under the supervision of Juvenile Justice who have been assessed as having a medium to high level of offending related to their background and the socio-economic needs of greater Sydney’s Blacktown and Penrith areas. Together, Red Cross and Whitelion coordinate support around training, employment and mentoring.
Young People aged 15 to 25 years of age in Blacktown or Penrith who are exiting Juvenile Justice from custody or community based orders; or those who have a history of being involved with Juvenile Justice.
All referrals are made to this program by the Department of Juvenile Justice. We do not accept referrals outside of this.
- Whitelion is proud to partner with Red Cross
- The Joint Support Program is funded by the New South Wales government.
Provide an employment opportunity to a young person in the Blacktown or Penrith area. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
If It Wasn’t For This Coffee Café (IIWFTC) a social enterprise Cafe, located at 9 Ayres Grove Mt Druitt, Trading hours 8am to 3pm Monday to Friday.
- Providing a quality Café service to the community of Mt Druitt: With competitive pricing, quality food and specialty coffee, the Café will be a profitable Social Enterprise that directs all profits back into Whitelion’s programs. For more information please contact our Café manager: email@example.com
- Employment and training of the young people we work with: Whitelion engages young people that are in our programs to offer work experience, on the job training and ultimately paid employment. When a young person completes a period of employment with IIWFTC they will be placed with our employment partners. – For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org